Monday, March 29, 2010

A New Tradition- Lowe's and Home Depot to Thank for it


Most of you know, or maybe only some of you, who knows- anyways- Jordon loves to work with wood. I happen to love it too. I wish he had more time right now, I have list of customized things I'd like him to build :) Well, a few weeks ago he took William to Home Depot for a free kids workshop and they made a rain gage. William absolutely loved it, and so did his Dad. So he signed him up for another one at Lowe's.



Last Saturday at Lowes, William and Jordon had another Daddy/Son project- they made a kaleidoscope! Mom was there this time, though, so she could take a gazillion pictures and videos. I was super impressed with how well William was focused! In fact, I think I only convinced him to look up at the camera twice. He was SO into it. His concentration was intense. He enjoyed himself, but smiles were few as he worked so determinedly on his project. His fine motor skills amazed me too as he placed these teeny tiny nails into teeny tiny holes so he could hammer them- for the most part by himself. Forget the suggested age minimum of 5- my son just blew that out of the water!















5 comments:

Lant Family said...

we use to go all the time--thanks for the reminder, we will have to start going again!

The Francis Family said...

Cool idea! I'll have to check if they have those sorts of things going on here! I loved the safety goggle shots! Awesome!

Child of God said...

So cute, I love this post. Father son time is so cute.

Sarah Walton said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute! I love how many pics you took, it really captures how into it William was. So fun he already has a hobby! And I'm sure Jordan is just loving it as well.

The Elledges said...

I love the cute little Lowe's apron and hammer!