
So the med school has a Med Prom each spring and Jordon and I decided that it would be fun to go and have a reason to dress up and go out dancing. Greg and Karianne came and baby-sat for us, making this all possible. Thanks guys!
Before I get started on the evening, however, I need to start with the day! I enjoyed a day of pampering, doing my nails, taking a LOOONG hot shower AND Jordon surprised me and had me go get my hair done at a salon. So this wonderfulness of this date was increased by the wonderfulness of my husband during the day!
We started out the evening by going to Applebees (gotta love gift certificates) and really enjoying ourselves there- and the food too. Then we went to the dance! My mindset going in was that we wouldn't stay that long. The flyers for the dance announced plenty of gambling, an open bar and dancing. Since we don't gamble or drink alcohol, I figured we were really only going to go enjoy the dancing, and I didn't know how long I would hold up with my belly being so large and in heels . . . . you get the idea.
However, when we got there, the gambling was all fake and they gave you a voucher for $1000. We were able to enjoy the gambling portion of the evening afterall! We had never played any of the games (for that matter, alot of the other students hadn't either)- so we learned the ways of the gambler. Black Jack was alright, Craps was way to complicated to be able to grasp well for only a portion of an evening, and Roulette, well Roulette was my very favorite. Jordon turned out to be an unlucky/poor gambler all around- I seemed to be the opposite. ESPECIALLY with Roulette. By the end I was trying to lose my chips because we were ready to go dancing, but I still kept getting more. Jordon had already been out of chips for awhile- so I started sharing with him so he could lose my chips, which he did and did well. Jordon said that we probably shouldn't plan any trips for me and my mom in Vegas :) After losing our chips we went and enjoyed the dancing and made it home by midnight!
It was a lot of fun to get dressed up and go out dancing. I also enjoyed meeting some of Jordon's classmates that I hadn't met before. It was funny to me to see the different personalities emerge after they had had something to drink. One girl, who I had met before, is normally VERY shy, reserved and a little aloof. She tends to answer questions put to her in one word and doesn't really encourage continuing a conversation with her. Well, we ran into her and her date at the "casino" and she exuberantly said, "Jordon!" upon seeing him and tried to hug him, which didn't really work and she ended up awkwardly holding his elbow for the rest of the conversation. Needless to say, we were both a little surprised. She chatted on and on, asking how I was doing, the pregnancy, etc. After we left them, I expressed my surprise at her behavior to Jordon and he pointed out to naive little me that she had clearly been drinking. It hadn't occurred to me that that was the reason for her alter-ego-ish behavior. I found it amusing. Everyone else we met were new acquaintances and until Jordon told me they had all been drinking, I had, up that point, just figured they were all just very friendly :)

All in all, it was a super fun date!
4 comments:
Picture # 4 = one of my favorite Andrea faces.
You looked lovely!
So fun! I like your dress and your tights, you look very pretty. JJ's school has an Eye Ball--those folks are so creative ;)
How fun! And funny!!! That cracks me up. I think I'd be naive about everyone being drunk too. Bo wants to know where you guys are going to med school. We're always excited to hear others who know what we're going through.
Oh... and Happy Thanksgiving! (your blog background)
How fun!!!! I've always wondered what it would have been like to have gone to a dance or prom with Jon. That sounds like you guys had so much fun and to even get spoiled, woo hoo!
Post a Comment