Two Sundays ago, William bonked his head pretty badly on our bed frame. He's reached the, if-I-can't-see-you-you-can't-see-me phase so sometimes, if he wants to hide, he simply throws himself to the floor face down and covers his head with his hands. Well, he misjudged the space he had to throw himself down in and threw himself down really hard right onto the metal frame of our bed. It bruised and swelled right away and had a little spot of blood. I am glad Jordon was there- I was trying not to freak out, but it's the first time he's really hurt himself that badly. If Jordon wasn't there, I might have over-reacted. William was done crying in less than 5 minutes. We wanted to put neosporin and a band-aid on it, and Jordon had the idea to do it first to Jordon so William could see what we were going to do. I thought it was a great idea- and it proved to be so.
He kept wanting to touch it, but after awhile, just got used to the fact that it was there.
1 comment:
Poor William! Emerson got a little cut on his head last week from falling onto his toy train and luckily Ben was there so I didn't freak out. Also my first experience with actual blood coming from my child. :) Smart move with the band-aid on Daddy!
Post a Comment