Last Thursday, Jordon, William and I landed in Spokane, Washington and then drove to good ol' Moses Lake. Wahoo! We're here to see family, have a good time, and welcome home my brother who is getting back from his mission!
This trip also coincided with a 3v3 soccer tournament and Brianna's dance recital. Now, I know I'm old and out of shape, but I just couldn't resist. So I called up Stephanie and Justin and cajoled Dad and Brandon to form a team. Although deep down I wanted to go far, I decided realistically with a 14 year old, a 40+ year old, a post partum chubby and two husbands who only picked up soccer after they started dating their soccer crazy wives - we just might not make it.
However!! I was so pleased with our team. Although we had never all played together before, we worked really well together as a team. Our styles were all similar and we passed really well. We had ALOT of shots on goal, and even made quite a few! So although there were plenty of younger, faster teams- we held our own. In fact, we never lost! Although we did tie two of our games. And won one. That put us in the running for the fourth seed in the tournament. We played a 3 minute golden goal with the other team that tied us in points, and that's were the magic ended. It was so much fun. It's been over a year since we've played soccer like that and I was in heaven. It was super fun to play with Stephanie again. Like the good old days. I also really enjoyed playing with my husband. I forgot how well Jordon and I work together on the field. I also enjoyed my time with my dad and brother. We are hoping to be able to time future visits to ML with the tournament.
The fun didn't end there for Stephanie and though! But first, a little story from in between two of our games. We were off the field chilling in the only shade available, which was unfortunately behind one of the goals. This guy took a rocket shot towards the goal, but missed COMPLETELY. In fact, it hit me square on the head! It hurt so bad. It literally felt like my brain was rattling inside my head. I laid down for a minute, and then was fine. Although later, a headache started to form. So then we played our 3 minute golden goal and we thought we were done. However, there was supposed to be a women's championship game that was no longer going to happen because there wasn't another team- so they asked Stephanie and I to join some other girls and make a team to play in the championship. We were so excited to be able to play one more game. And this way, we sorta made it to a championship- and our team won, so we sorta won a championship. :)
I didn't play the last few minutes of the game, however, because my headache was so bad, and I felt like I was going to throw up, and I was light headed. Jordon got me home, laid me down and called amazing Uncle Andrew. Described what was going on- and it turned out I had a concussion. Probably combined with dehydration (we ran out of water), heat exhaustion (it was 80 degrees with very little shade), lack of food (we hadn't brought any), and nursing. So then I got a blessing, slept for a couple of hours like Uncle Andrew suggested, woke up feeling miraculously better, took some Ibuprofen, and went to Brianna's recital.
Brianna is an awesome dancer and she did a great job. It was a lot of fun to go to her recital. And I think that about covers the excitement of the last week.
4 comments:
What a beautiful picture of you and Brianna! She is a lovely dancer! We are glad to hear you are ok, and enjoy this time, you look great! Once again wish we were there. We love you all!
aaaah, right when I read you were smacked with the ball, the word concussion rang in my head, and I ached for you! I bet it would have been funny to watch though.
You are amazing Andrea! I remember playing soccor with you pregnant at Wymount! I don't think you will ever stop loving it! We miss you! William is so cute in his pictures!
Way to go in your soccer tournament! I'm so sorry about your concussion. Ouch! Brianna totally looks like your mini-me. So cute!
Post a Comment