My little brother Nolan has come home from his mission in Guatemala!! I am so proud of him! He loves the people there and they love him. It is crazy to think that two years ago we were also in Guatemala and visiting him at the MTC down there. Time flies! Here are some of my favorite moments since he's been home:
#1- Andrea: I love your accent! You sound just like a Guatemalan, even when you are trying to speak English!
Nolan (with spanish inflections): I do not have an accent!
#2- We went the next morning to meet President Baker so Nolan could be released. That all went well, however, afterwards, Nolan didn't get home for another hour and a half, even though we live only 10 minutes away. Why, you may be wondering? So were we. We had all gone out to the car. Mom went back in. Bita, Jordon, William and I kept waiting. So then I went back in. Nolan was talking and talking with a neighbor of ours who is about to leave on his mission. So was my mom. I finally got them to stop and leave, but as we were walking down the hallway he saw a sister sitting behind a desk. He walked up to the door and said, "Hola" and then proceeded to talk with her. I told Mom, "I've heard that returned missionaries can be like this. They are so used to approaching people and talking to them, they do it to everyone they see when they get back! I think that is the case here." We looked, there were two more rooms with people in them before reaching the door. Jokingly, I asked them if we could shut the doors, but we didn't. So Jordon took Bita, William and myself home. Then went back. Sure enough, Nolan had stopped to talk to the Family History workers in the first room. After waiting a while, Jordon took Mom home. Then went back for Nolan. Now he was talking to the elders here in Moses Lake. Finally, after leaving them a couple of references, Nolan came home with Jordon. Hopefully this talkative tendency ebbs a little or he'll never make it to class at BYU.
#3- When he thanks my mom or grandma for something, he says, "Gracias Hermana" (thank you sister).
#4- When he holds William he tries to teach him Spanish.
#5- When he got off of the plane he was overwhelmed by the height and whiteness of everyone there.
#6- Watching him stumble over English words. Pausing to try and remember what a word is in English. Love it.
#7- He wants my parents to sell there wii (to mii perhaps?).
#8- Mostly, I'm just enjoying having my bro back. He was my bud all growing up. My twin. I have so many, many memories with him.
I love you Nolan! Welcome home!
3 comments:
Welcome home to Nolan we wish we could be there!
You say he's coming to BYU?? He'd better be ready for a visit from me too! You guys really were twins, I can totally see how happy you are to see each other again.
"#7- He wants my parents to sell there wii (to mii perhaps?)."
there? or their?
c'mon Andrea, it is just a bit of grammar.
-Brandon
Post a Comment