Thursday, June 11, 2009

Nana and Carmen Come to Visit!





So the weekend AFTER my birthday . . . . NANA and CARMEN came to visit us!! We were so excited to have visitors and we were so glad that they would take the time just to come visit us! We had so much fun while they were down here.

First though, a few pictures of Hotel Despain to entice you to come visit us. We received 5 star ratings from our guests.

The Bedroom

The Bed- super comfy, don't be fooled by appearances.
Testimonial by Nana: "I was so comfortable and I slept SO well. I give it 5 stars!"

Mints included on pillow.

Let's take a closer look at those baskets.

Now don't you all want to come visit?? Of course, I am sure the main attraction is this little guy:

And I can't blame you. But at least you know you'll be accommodated.

Nana and William at the airport.
The next day we took it nice in slow in the morning, and then Nana took us to Cracker Barrel for lunch. I'd never been there, and have wanted to go, so that was exciting for me. The food was delicious!

Then we went to the Columbus Museum of Art!


They currently have an Egypt exhibit (also coordinating with the Libraries and COSI) that was so much fun. We thought that Carmen looked really good as an Egyptian and that Nana looked like royalty with her imperious look. It was a lot of fun.


By far, William's favorite exhibit was himself. He LOVED the mirrors at the CMA.
Here's a little video of him having a blast.

This is William tuckered out at the end of the day. We went home (and drove through a TORNADO! It never actually touched, but it was the scariest rain I've ever seen) and Nana made soup. It was a lovely evening.

Saturday we went to Jordon's scouts Pinewood Derby. Jordon sabotaged his car so it wouldn't be a contender. We had fun cheering for him anyways.

Then we went and walked around Franklin park, went out to eat, then went to the Saturday session of Stake Conference.


We had also gone to the Topiary Garden. It's pretty sweet. They have the hedges and everything cut out to be like this famous painting.

And I think they did an awesome job.




It was a fun garden to walk around and enjoy the beautiful weather. Speaking of which, other than the Tornado Storm, was amazing. The forecast predicted was rain. But that afternoon was it! I think Nana and Carmen brought the sunshine from Florida with them. The rest of their trip the weather was fabulous.


That night they took us out to Texas Roadhouse. SOO yummy. I could go there just for the rolls. Luckily, the rest of their food is amazing too. We discovered that the best thing to entertain William with was the napkin.




Sunday we had stake conference and then enjoyed a walk around our neighborhood. Nana and Jordon made us dinner. We were so spoiled by her cooking. I seriously think the Food Network needs to come analyze how she cooks. She whipped up a traditional Sunday dinner in about a half hour. I am convinced that somehow things cook faster for her than for other people.

Monday I worked in the morning while everyone else did some shopping and got lunch from KFC. I joined them after lunch and we went to the conservatory- but it was closed. It seemed that nearly everything was closed on Monday! Finally, we went to German village. There was a 32 room bookstore that Senae told me about. Can we say heaven?? It was amazing. Unfortunately, the only pictures I have are on my phone and I can't figure out how to get them off.

We treated Nana and Carmen to our favorite ice cream place: Handel's. If you haven't been, you oughta! We love their ice cream. Then we went out to Outback. Nana took us out to eat alot, assuming correctly that on a student budget, we don't do it often. So we enjoyed her special treats!

Tuesday morning, they left on the airplane. We sure miss them!! Thanks for coming to visit us!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You guys were busy. Leave it to your Bolivia blood to cook and eat well! A cooking show would only fly in America because we're the only ones to be sloppy about our taste! Your little William isn't so little these days, I wish I could get my hands on him!

Ashley and Aaron said...

It is so fun to see you guys as parents. William is such a handsome little man -- so smiley! LOVE when fam comes to visit too...looks like you guys had a great time!