Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bita



She has been here for a little over two weeks and has less than that left :(

We are truly enjoying having her here with us. It's been good for our Spanish, good for my sanity, and most of all, good for William.

He. Loves. Her.

Today she was taking a nap on the couch. William woke up from his nap so I took him down for a little snack. We were then playing quietly when he noticed that Bita was on the couch. He stood up from his squatting position and "called" to her. She didn't respond so he grabbed some toys and headed towards the couch. I was trying to get his attention and get him to play with me, but he was persistent and made his way over there as he called out "ba! . . ba!"

His little legs kicked as he dangled from the couch, unable to pull himself up the whole way without help, desperately calling to her.

Umm, hello! William! I'm here trying to play with you!!

Even the children I nanny, within hours of meeting her, call her Bita and give her hugs and kisses. I also love that they chat with her heedless of any language barrier.

We love her. The time is going by all too quickly!

1 comment:

Gazdik Family said...

How cute is that.
I want to know more about her!!