Saturday, April 4, 2009

William is 6 months old!!




I can't believe it. I can't believe that my baby is already half a year. He has grown so much- particularly in this last month. I'm not sure if he's just picking up on things from his adopted siblings (the kids I nanny) or he's just that amazing- yep. He's just that amazing.

So here is the low down on William this last month:

He can crawl/scoot!! Either way, he's mobile and we are babyproofing the house. Yikes! I wasn't quite ready for him to start doing that. It sure is alot of fun though. When he gets excited about something he wants to go investigate he does this excited little pant. SO cute.
This video was taken on Wednesday March 25th. Since then he has become increasingly FASTER at going around the house!

When he cries, the end of his button nose gets red while the rest of his nose gets very white- making it look even more like a button. It is also just so adorable.

He is obsessed with our cell phones. We can't talk on the phone in his eyesight or he starts lunging and reaching, which leads to upset complaining and crying if he can't get to it. He now has his own cell phone. I know it's a little early, but we are desperate!! So our old phone has been sacrificed for the good of communication.

He is doing better about sitting, in fact, he will even just sit without kicking his legs out.

When he gets excited, it's as if he has more excitement than his little body can handle and he pants excitedly with little outbursts of joy. It is so contagious- you just have to smile. :)

He is eating solid foods now! So far on the menu is rice cereal and potatoes. Yum.

William loves to eat. He gets so excited when he sees his bowl that has rice cereal or potatoes in it. We can hardly feed him fast enough he gets so excited for each bite!

He has started going to bed unwrapped at night. Yeah! Each night he seems to go just a little bit longer before waking up. We are so proud of him!

He always crashes on the way home from nannying. Who could blame him? He's put in a whole days work!


He reaches and lunges for things he wants, including us!! It has been so fun and rewarding to see him reach out for us.

We also think he is teething!! He loves to have his gums rubbed!

And I know this is picture-less, but I'm going to post it and add pictures later. And now I've posted a few pictures. More to come.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

ME want pictures! yes yes.
He sounds so fun. Does he still use a binky? His body is able to project his personalty more and more, it's a mother's dream come true huh!

The Francis Family said...

Wow! I can't believe he is already crawling! He is amazing! You should come to Montana in May to visit! It would be so fun to see you guys!!