Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Post In Honor Of My Super Amazing Husband








3:00 am: Jordon comes home from a late night case. He had left at 4:30 yesterday afternoon.
6:30 am: He gets up to make my lunch and a super yummy breakfast of french toast. He offers to bring William later once he wakes up.
8:45 am: Takes care of William- breakfast, getting dressed, diaper, etc. Then brings him to me.
9:30 am to 4:00 pm: he gets a couple hours of sleep, drives the elders around for a couple of hours (longish story), cleans the kitchen, puts on fresh sheets, washes, loads and folds two sets of laundry and starts a third, gets dinner started AND he cleans the toilet
4:00 pm: I had no idea the above was happening. I was expecting him to sleep. I call him to see if he is awake and if he can rescue me from a 20 month old who has been crying non-stop for the last half hour because I wont- can't- pick her up and hold her at the same time I pick up William EVERYTIME and FOR AS LONG AS I pick him up. She is wailing with the lung capacity and volume only a two year old can posses. So, I call my knight and shining armor to come and take our baby home so I can deal with the other four children, but mostly Amelia. Of course, as soon as William is no longer IN my arms, she decides she doesn't really need me after all and goes to play with some toys. By herself, by choice, and no crying. I just don't get toddlers. Jordon, just decided to stay and hang out/help out.
4:30 pm: Jordon gets called on a case.
8:45 pm: Jordon comes home! But as it turns out, as he was leaving work, he got called on another case. This means he has about an hour time frame before they actually leave for the hospital. Meaning- he drove 20 minutes from work to home just to come and kiss me goodnight and play with our son before leaving again for the night.

And that was just today. Did I mention that last week he cooked all our frozen dinners that I had planned, shopped and chopped for? That he also did laundry- washed, folded and PUT AWAY- last week as well as running my errands?

Did I mention that, with the exception of calling for his help, everything he did he did without having been asked, coerced, hinted at or begged to do it???

Have I mentioned yet that I am so blessed to have the husband that I do? I know he's not perfect, but I sure can't help but think that he's as close as they come here on earth.

I love you Jordon.
*Now we just have to see if he even reads this post!*

6 comments:

Ty Robbins said...

Wow! What busy and wonderful man you have! Good Job Jordon.

Joni said...

Wow! Can he give Rocky and I lessons.

Rebecca said...

How much steam does his little engine have!? Even thinking about putting forth that much effort makes me exhausted and anxious! Can he send some of that enthusiasm and zeal our way? And...by the way, I"m sure you keep up with him JUST fine.

Jacob and Kalli Hiller said...

Way to go Jordo!

So I still don't get how this case thing works... does he have to be available at any time to go to work, night or day? Does that make it impossible for him to really schedule anything in stone?

The Elledges said...

My two year old can vouch for Jordon's amazingness. He was devastated that Jordon went home and kept saying, "I just need Jordon and Andrea." :)

thanks Jordon for taking care of Jared so much for me!

Anonymous said...

wow I want a husband like that when I grow up
Brianna