
I planned an exciting day for his birthday. For breakfast I made his favorite: biscuits and gravy. That is also when he decided to open his two additional presents: an OSU t-shirt and an OSU football.
Then we had a doctor's appointment- which was also exciting. We really like the practice we've chosen. Then we went and played disc golf at the OSU course! It was a lot of fun. We didn't get to do the whole course though, because I didn't realize that we would have to park at a parking meter and so we didn't have enough coins. The timing ended up working well in the end.
Then we went and had a picnic on the lawn of the Columbus Museum of Art. The day before I had let him pick all sorts of non-nutritious lunch food: gushers, Hi-C "juice" drinks, Pringles, and 100 grands. We also had sandwiches, granola bars, and cantaloupe (which we didn't end up eating because we forgot a knife).After our picnic we went inside the Columbus Museum of Art. We weren't planning on being there for more than a few hours- but we ended being there for SIX hours because we were enjoying ourselves so much. Since I have edema in my ankles I'm not supposed to do lots of walking or standing on my feet. Jordon tricked me into agreeing to be pushed in a wheelchair. I was a little resentful at first, but then quickly changed my tune- because after the first hour I realized real quick that I would've been ready to go home after the first hour.
We were really impressed by the artists they had. They had originals of the following: Picasso, Cezanne, Renoir, Monet, Rodin, Matisse and others I can't remember. I think my favorite thing is their sections for families called Eye Spy. They have a painting or two from some of their collections set in rooms and hallways that somewhat mimic the time-period the artist lived in along with information on the artist's life and paintings. We had a lot of fun going through them. Then it was even more fun to see their paintings in the rest of the museum and be familiar with them, why they chose the subject, look at lighting, or lines, colors or shapes- whatever the artist focused on most. Although it's mostly for kids- with lots of hands on activities and cool things to do and learn, I think any adult would benefit from the depth of information. For example, I've done some background research on George Bellows because I used a painting of his in my class last year- but I realized quickly that I barely scratched the surface. Here we are in the George Bellows room. Jordon is sitting at the "Learn to Draw Like George Bellows" table and there we are dressed up in some of the clothes from his era and from some of the paintings he drew of rich people who commissioned him.


Lastly, even though this doesn't really have to do with JORDON's birthday, it has to do with our son's. :) Jordon finished the changing table on Saturday! That was the day after the baby shower. Janelle and Carol had Jordon give them a list of things we still needed to get for him that they sent out with the email invitation- we were able to cross off half our list. So Saturday we got the remainder as well as the changing pad and baskets for the table. Here are pictures of the final project. Pretty amazing what he was able to do with only a saw and a drill. The first picture is a picture of him with all the tools he used to make it.



7 comments:
Wow, I'm really impressed with all these things you've built. Good job, Jordon! Too bad you're too far away to build stuff for me. :-)
WD
I am so thoroughly impressed with that changing table. And, what I like about it too is that it can grow with your son, if you want it to that is. When he's older, it won't necessarily look like a changing table. Good job on it. It's beautiful.
Wow, you guys have been so busy! I love the changing table, what a great family heirloom!!! You need to relax a bit b4 the baby comes! How much longer? We keep waiting for news!
We love and miss you both terribly!! We just finished soccer and Nick is finishing baseball.Hugs and kisses!
that changing table is so gorgeous! wow i'm super impressed! good luck this month!!!!!!!
wow... I never new Jordan was Handy Manny! It looks like you guys are doing really well. I'm so glad everything is working out for you guys!
Glad to have the blog link. Looks like you are enjoying life outside of Provo. I guess I should have gotten JJ some new tools for his birthday. Great work Jordon.
Great job on the wood projects. Glad you enjoyed the MOA - I love a good visit there. Last time Noelle and I drew caricatures in the kids section.
Post a Comment