Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Jordon's Birthday . . . Almost, and an Almost Job



So, Jordon has been diligently looking for a job since we have arrived in Columbus. He had two interviews and we've been waiting to hear back. Well, we heard back last week from one (Lifeline of Ohio) telling us that he unofficially has the job, and they will officially offer it to us by the end of September and then he will start in October. They had 3 positions to fill and they are still looking for someone to fill the third position. Once they do- they would like to train and start all 3 at the same time- which is why things are taking awhile. So that was exciting news because it will be a good job for Jordon career wise as well as financially.


Until then, he has been working hard as a carpenter.
Projects completed so far: microwave stand, storage shelf, shelves for kitchen, shoe rack, nightstand, printer stand (the really cool thing about the printer stand is that he ingeniously made it match our desk) , small bookcase (and a coffee table that we have had for a while).


Projects on the drawing board: customized shelves for an odd corner of our living room, key holder, changing table for the nursery (current project). Here are the pictures. The little boy is a boy in one of the other apartments who goes on walks with his grandma. When Jordon is out working on projects he likes to just come sit and watch- just like in the pictures. His name is Jackson- isn't he cute? The last time as they were leaving he told Jordon- "bye Daddy!" I think he has permanently made a place for himself in Jordon's heart. Jordon is SO excited to be a dad!!
As for Jordon's birthday- well, he got his presents early. He received a circular saw, two saw horses and bar clamps. As you can tell, he is putting them to good use.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JORDON ON THURSDAY!!! HIS GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!! 25 on the 25th!!!

5 comments:

Devin said...

happy birthday Jordon, pretty cool projects there, way to go! Your wife asked us to post a funny memory of you and your birthday presents reminded me of when you had a little tool box with some little rubber pliers and you would tell us all to "hold still" while you pinched our noses with them. ouch.

Amy B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy B said...

(Oops...I think I goofed on the first try. Trying again.)

Funny memories of Jordon....let's see...

I think I missed out on a lot of Jordon's particularly humorous years, being so far away for college. But I do remember that even when he was a wee little whippersnapper he was always very driven to excel. He was determined to learn to walk as soon as he realized there was such a thing as walking, and managed to succeed by the time he was nine months old. I remember that the year he turned five he was IRATE at Mom for a long, long time because he did NOT believe her when she said that he was too young to go to school because his September birthday fell after the cut-off date. He was absolutely convinced that the one and ONLY reason he was not allowed to go to school was because Mom was just too darn mean and ornery to let him go. I think he started teaching himself to read that year, partly as revenge against Mom. She could keep him out of school, but by golly she was NOT going to prevent him from learning. So THERE!

Happy birthday Jordon!

Amy and family

Jenny said...

AH! Jordan! i meant to do this yesterday...anyway. Hope you had a great birthday. I remember the first time I met you guys...we were coming over to meet Andrea and welcome her to her new Relief Society when we made the connection that we both served our missions in Hungary. I was so excited, but then completely embarrassed when you started to speaking Hungarian and I had to fumble for my words! Ya know, I've been home since 2002!:) Either way, I immediately was in love with the Despain family...and then I got to VT Andrea and, it was just all good. Anyway. Happy Birthday. too bad we never had our little Hungarian cookout...oh well. We miss you guys!

Jenny (and Marcus and Samantha and Callie)

Boettchers said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jordon! we miss you both so much!!