Baby Gender Blues
Well, at our doctor's appointment we didn't get to find out what we are having. :( I have to get a level 2 ultrasound done because of a very small chance of a very small risk of the baby having some heart trouble. Mostly because of a one-time occurrence in our family health history, and mostly no one is that concerned because William didn't have any of those complications. The doctor wanted to just be able to check it out and be prepared if necessary. We liked that. But it also meant that our insurance wasn't going to pay for both an ultrasound today AND for the level 2. SO- we have to wait a couple more weeks- no date is set yet.
Sickness
So let's see, more catching up. The Sunday before Valentine's Day we went to wake up William to get ready for church and there was LOTS of throw up all over his crib. So sad. He was definitely not doing so well. So we split up going to church. I got to go to Sacrament meeting the last time he was sick, so this time Jordon got to go. He threw up again that night but seemed to be doing much better by Monday afternoon. Nana sent a new toy set which he is loving. He loves the box it came in about as much as the airplanes. It was a nice way to brighten up our "sick day". Tuesday, I was supposed to work, but didn't because it was a snow day. That turned out to be fortuitous because by 3:30 I was throwing up.
Wednesday morning my stomach still felt queasy and I thought I would have to throw up one more time like William, so we didn't go to work. We read a lot of books on the couch during our sick days and I discovered that William will watch our Home Videos for more than five minutes. So we did a lot of that too while on the couch. With more sleep and a lot of relaxing, by the time Jordon came home I was feeling GREAT! Perky and energetic and no more stomach queasiness.
SOO, because the weather was going to be more cooperative if we left that night, we decided to stick to our plans and go to Cleveland to see Lana, Scott and family and a Cavaliers game. We thought since no one threw up on Wednesday and everyone was feeling better, everything would be okay.
Cleveland
Thursday was a great day. Sadly, it was the only day of our whole trip without incident- aside from the fact that we only slept a total of 4 hours the night before because William wasn't happy with the sleeping arrangements.
The guys went to school and Lana and I chilled with the boys and then took them to the Zoo. They have a great indoor rainforest place. It was fabulous. William absolutely loved being able to run around, run up huge staircases and look at the monkeys and other animals fairly up close. He tried his best to keep up with Jared, but if he couldn't, he was content to be with Dallin. William liked to sit on the couch RIGHT next to Dallin and show him where his belly (beh-ee) is. Dallin handled it well. William also started hitting- luckily they were more like soft taps so it didn't phase either of the Elledge boys- but I officially have to work on him with hitting people. :(
Friday started out good and lazy. I slept alot (thanks Lana!) but things went downhill from there. When Jared woke up from his nap, he threw up- ALOT. That night, Dallin threw up. And by Saturday afternoon, Lana and Scott were both throwing up. We couldn't help but feel guilty. We left Saturday after trying to help out a little bit. Hopefully, they won't be afraid for our next vist. :)
Valentine's Day
The actual day didn't really feel like Valentine's day for us- between church, other commitments, and celebrating it early- we didn't have time to do much more. We did, however, make some sugar cookies with William and gave him a little gift. A numbers magnetic set for the fridge and a foam construction hat. He LOVES the hat.
This picture is evidence that a) William helped b) no cookie escaped his grasp c) we did not share our cookies for sanitary reasons.
3 comments:
So this is really funny. I used the exact same cookie cutters for our Valentine's cookies. Haha.
I have a few comments! 1. What a great idea to make sugar cookies with the kids! I hadn't thought of Tyson as old enough to help but it looked like William had a ball! 2. You are so lucky to get to see Lana and her family so often! All of the kids looked so happy to be together! 3. You look awesome in your picture at the basketball game, speaking of which...I can't believe you think Shaq is "old, fat, and slow..." He is my favorite basketball player ever! I will feign taking offence! Other than that, I am thoroughly impressed with your reading list! I think it's a great idea to read as a family, too. You will always inspire me, Andrea! I thought of you when I went running yesterday. You were a great running buddy! I hope everything turns out great with your baby! I'm glad you're not really worried. Have a great day!
Michael has the "unBEARalbly cute" sweatshirt too and I love it!!!
Post a Comment