Sunday, January 17, 2010

SOME UPDATES AND I LOST (HAD STOLEN_ MY CAMERA :(


This picture is from the airport on our way to Columbus. There was this kid juggling balls, so of course William, who is obsessed with them, had to go check it out. The boy was really nice. He had William throw balls up and he would juggle them in with the rest of the balls. That is, until William eventually confiscated all of his juggling balls. He was kind enough to let William kick them and throw them around. We were grateful because that particular flight was delayed and this kept William entertained for awhile.


My boys just having a crazy good time. They were having a lot of fun and I couldn't resist taking pictures of William's hair.

This was probably William's last day using the tray of his high chair and, hopefully, the last time he uses his banana as a phone. He won't eat unless the tray is gone and his high chair is pushed up to the table. He wants to be like the big kids.

William is also a liberal bestower of kisses lately. I LOVE it. It is so sweet and cute. He won't bite other children, but he loves to bite me. So I've been trying to get the point across to him that it hurts me and he can make it better by kissing it better (like I kiss his owies better). He is so sweet when he does it. And now it's spread beyond just fixing things to just because. Gotta love it.

He is trying to JUMP! He'll bend his knees and go up on his tiptoes. . . . .but he can't quite get off the floor. Grandma Despain suggested a couch cushion to jump off of- and he LOVES it. It is one of his new favorite things to do. He laughs every time he "jumps" (or rather, walks) off the cushion. Half the time he falls- but he just continues to laugh and do it again. Atta boy!

He is my big little helper. He loves to help set the table. Usually he helps while in Dad's arms, but lately I can give him a plate and he can go and put it on the table all by himself. I love this.

He loves to pray. Thanks to William we are truly learning what it means to "pray always". We pray multiple times during meals and at random intervals in between. The funny thing is, he will sit quietly with his arms folded for the longest time as he waits for us to join him, but once we start actually saying the prayer, reverence is over! It's time to eat, laugh, clap, sing- you name it. And then he chimes in with his own version of "amen".

He likes to sing songs, but right now he especially loves to sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Patty Cake" SUPER fast.

2 comments:

Ty Robbins said...

First of all, that video is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!! Haha. William is adorable. I'm glad that he loves to pray always. That means you are definitely teaching him good things! Also, that was so nice of that boy to play with William. Doesn't it just make you feel good knowing that there are people in the world like that? : ) I like it.

cambersue said...

so cute!!! love the video...i love it when they get so excited they don't know what to do with themselves.