I unfortunately don't have any pictures from Thanksgiving day because Jordon and I left the camera at home by accident! However, the good news is that the Gazdiks did take some photos, so when I eventually get the pictures from them, I will add them.
We had tons of fun with the Gazdik family on Thanksgiving day. There was lots of yummy-delicious food and plenty of hands to hold William. We also played a whole bunch of games and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was our first Thanksgiving away from family and we really missed them. Thankfully, the Gazdiks saved the day by inviting us and helping us enjoy ourselves and feel at home. Thank you!!
Then that weekend we went up to Cleveland to visit Lana. It was so much fun! It was fun for William to have a little buddy- Dallin is such a cutie! Jared was also really cute- he likes silk blankets, and one of William's has a silk border. He kept wanting to use it- but he was so sweet. He wouldn't try to take the blanket, just crawl up on the couch and hold a corner of it.
Saturday afternoon Lana and I went and watched Twilight. I don't know if it is because I had low expectations or because it's been a couple years since I read the book- but I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would. Maybe it is also because it was a nice little girls getaway. Whatever the reasons- I really enjoyed myself. That night we went and ate at a Hungarian restaurant. The owner was Hungarian and Jordon got to converse with him in Hungarian- so that was fun and the food was SUPER yummy.
Sunday, we went early to church since Lana was singing in the choir and SURPRISE! Kjirsti was also singing in the choir! It was a very pleasant surprise to get to see her and chat with her too. After church we went to Kirtland to see the Nativity display there. We also looked at the temple, but only from the outside. We will have to go back in the summer to do the tours and such.
Monday we packed up (after sleeping in) and stopped by the West Market- where the Hungarian restaraunt owner told us we would be able to find kolbasz (Hungarian sausage). We were super excited to find some because Jordon has been wanting to cook with it since . . . well, since I can remember knowing him. He has been cooking Hungarian for us the last two weeks (we also picked up some paprika).
We also left with a present from the Elledges- a swing for William!! He loves it- and so do his parents!
And now, the Christmas lights are up, and we are in the Christmas mood! It is especially fun having the lights up because William loves looking at lights and is just mesmerized by them.
We love being parents and we love our little boy so much! The last two weeks he is smiling, cooing and talking to us more and more (as seen in the video of William I posted earlier). It is SO fun. He is also getting a lot more neck control. I can't believe he is already over two months old! He is growing so fast. We have a lot of fun playing with him as he is also awake for much more of the day. Lately, William has NOT liked it when Jordon holds him in a cradle position. Instead, Jordon holds him in the Football hold. When William gets really fussy he prefers that Jordon runs around in little laps- as seen below. He also LOVES his mobile. Basically he is a happy boy that loves life.
*William fell asleep watching his mobile *William smiling at his mobile *William almost laughing
4 comments:
What a little cutie! He just seems to be getting so big. And man, did that market that Jordan get the kolbasz from remind me of the market in Pest -- down in the bel. Oh the flood of memories that came wiht that picture. You have to get Jordan to take you to Hungary one day.
We're hoping to go! Someday .. . a long time from now. .
HEY! He is so beautiful! Congratulations. I'm way more of a blogger myself. I hardley ever go on facebook anymore, blogs are so much more fun!
blogging IS much more fun!
Post a Comment