Saturday, September 18, 2010

He's Talking and talking back


William has learned to do more than just parrot words he hears, just communicate his needs . . . . he has also learned to express himself!!! Some fun things he's been saying the last couple months:

me: William, you're my sweetie pie!
William (nodding head matter-of-factly): Mommy's pie

William (lining up jelly packet on the table and bumps into the milk cup): 'scuse me milk!


William had just noticed his crushed blue chalk: Oh man!

Jordon: William, it's time to pray!
William: ummmm . . . . no. (he walks off)

William has already said: "no diaper" when I told him it was time to change it.
Me: Well, you have two choices. You can go upstairs to get changed by yourself, OR mom will just pick you up and take you upstairs
William (thinks a minute): oh, okay (and off he goes!! upstairs!!)

William throws his milk across the room because I didn't come and get him out of his high chair immediately after he asked (I was washing my hands).
me: William, that was a bad choice, now it's going to take longer to get out of your high chair.
William: All done!! Get down . . . RIGHT NOW!!
(He got stay in the high chair even longer)

When William sneezes twice (which is pretty normal), I always tell him "Salud, Dinero" in Spanish. Now, when I sneeze William says: salunero mommy!

Thanks is: skanks!

It's time for family prayer. We all kneel (including William) and fold our arms (excepting William). This is normally what ensues.
Jordon: Mommy's folding her arms! Daddy's folding his arms!
William: Miam?!
Jordon: nooo, not yet. . . (William folds his arms) William's folding his arms!!
We pray.

Lately . . .
Jordon: Mommy's folding her arms! Daddy's folding his arms!
William: Miam?! Nnnooo. (then he folds his arms)
Jordon: William's folding his arms!

William also loves to sing songs and is doing really well with being able to sing the lyrics by himself, with or without the music. I love it when he will suddenly break into "stand-ah-mazed": stand aahhh-mazed, CROOOcified! Ohhh, wuhnerful!

William goes and gives James a spontaneous kiss and says: I wuh you James

Oh- my sweet and spirited boy- how I love you. You make me laugh (and maybe the opposite of that, whatever it may be) each and every day. You are joy.




All pictures taken at a recent Bob Evans excursion when my Mom was here.



3 comments:

Cassidy said...

How funny. I'm glad you wrote them down!

Rebecca said...

Language explosion! So fun, thanks for sharing.

The Elledges said...

Its so fun to see more and more of his personality. The things kids say... :)