We had wanted to start the day at the Discovery Theater, but since it was the last day of the festival, it took longer to get into downtown and we missed the last showing. It was specifically for William's age and attention span. We were bummed- but next time we'll have to go!
Jordon being goofy while I was trying to take a picture of the beautiful pathway
William was asleep until we reached the Vietnam memorial. Having been there before, I told Jordon he could go ahead while I sat with William so he could have his snack. We sat on the bench side by side while he alternated eating a bagel and an apple, I munched on whatever wasn't in his hand. And then, since I had my feet up on the stroller, he put his feet up there too. So I tried to take a picture of us, these are my attempts with nothing of the cute moment to really show for it . . . . oh well. It was an enjoyable moment.
Then, since it was getting late, we decided to just eat at a little shop there. I went in to get us our meal and the flimsy pre-made, pre-wrapped sandwiches alone cost $7- so I couldn't bring myself to do it. We had a good time in the grassy lawn outside the shop and it did my heart good to just watch my boys have fun wrestling and running.





Then we ended with the WWII memorial, which was another new one for me since I was here, oh, almost 13 years ago!
When we went to leave, the lines to the metro were ENORMOUS!!! We had thought that by leaving before the grand finale of the fireworks, we would miss the chaos- but no, it seemed we were going to get it anyways (we found out later that there had been a bomb threat, which was why it was so backed up). We decided to take our chances and just walk ahead to the metro station stop, and we were so glad we did! Zero lines and a lot less people! It turned out to be a smooth ride back to our car. We thought we would lickety-split get some fast food and be on our way to the Madrishin's house- but there was a kink in that plan. The town we had parked in had ZERO fast food restraunts. In fact, we were struggling to find ANY restaurant! But finally, we did. A sandwich place. We ended up paying the same amount as at the shop but for much more, higher quality, fresh, delicious food!
When we went to leave, the lines to the metro were ENORMOUS!!! We had thought that by leaving before the grand finale of the fireworks, we would miss the chaos- but no, it seemed we were going to get it anyways (we found out later that there had been a bomb threat, which was why it was so backed up). We decided to take our chances and just walk ahead to the metro station stop, and we were so glad we did! Zero lines and a lot less people! It turned out to be a smooth ride back to our car. We thought we would lickety-split get some fast food and be on our way to the Madrishin's house- but there was a kink in that plan. The town we had parked in had ZERO fast food restraunts. In fact, we were struggling to find ANY restaurant! But finally, we did. A sandwich place. We ended up paying the same amount as at the shop but for much more, higher quality, fresh, delicious food!
1 comment:
I love those sweet moments that you can't really capture in pictures or words but you have to try anyway so you can remember how beautiful they were sometime in the future! That's how I think of your blog! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment