Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Surviving


So Carol had a beautiful baby boy early Tuesday morning. . . two weeks early (just like me)!!!!
This meant, my to-do list of things I wanted to make sure were taken care before I started nannying- scratched, gone, out the window.

This last week has been so crazy, we have totally been in survival mode. Jordon has been amazing. I don't think I would have made it without him. Or my frozen dinners. They have been sanity savers, without a doubt. It's been a huge blessing to be able to pull something out in the morning to thaw, and just dump it in the skillet and/or pot when I get home. Then, viola!! I have a yummy dinner ready to eat. (And they don't taste like left overs, I experimented on the Scharnhorsts, just in case our taste buds are not so refined, and they didn't think dinner tasted like leftovers either.)

Entertaining a 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old is a whole new world for me, but I think we're working out the kinks and that this week will go much better. Luckily, the family I Nanny for is amazing. Wonderful, down to earth parents, super cute kids (albeit mischievous at times) and lots of toys and learning have made for good times already.

Also, we are going to see if the car seats all fit in my car. I hope they do. I really really hope they do.





And now William has the Croup and so we are at home. :(

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I bet you are just emotionally AND physically drained at the end of each day. That's a big learning curve juggling kids. I'm sorry to hear William has the croup, kind of scary when they can't breathe. Is he on prednisone or anything? Good luck, thinking of you.

Jenny said...

Hey Andrea, I would love that couponing stuff you got in RS if you can get it. THat would be fabulous! And, I've been following about your frozen dinners. I think it's great. I'm thinking of attempting to do that around May. I want to get what I'm doing down and then I want to move on to the frozen thing. At first I thought it would be kind of complicated and time consuming, but you make it seem so great, so I'm going to give it a whirl:) Thanks for your inspiration!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Wow...kudos on having the tenacity to handle nannying already. I had a nanny job for a while when Finn was a YEAR old and it stressed me out...so you are a champion. And croup totally sucks...Finn had it a couple times...hope William gets better soon!

The Francis Family said...

You can do it Andrea! You are so amazing and I am so impessed with everything you do to help so many people. Good luck with those mischievous kids...sounds like a fun challenge for you!! I hope William feels better! He looks like he's getting so big and strong! Is he close to crawling? We love you!!

Melinda said...

Hooray! Now I am a reader of your blog! I seriously should do the frozen dinner thing. It sounds like you have your hands pretty full now taking care of 3 kids full time! You are a wonderful woman, I can tell you that. ;) We'll have to get little William and Emerson together to play (or really just so we can chat).